May 29, 1985, I was eleven, I remember it well. My team has to win the European Cup. This time can not 'escape us, we are the strongest. The next day is that my school but I know I will be late, so I could not sleep. At home we are all Juventus fans: dad, mom, my brother. The game I've played in the afternoon with my ball, and the night before go to sleep with my imagination, as always playing the part of all players. The imagination makes you fly a few years later I would discover that the reality can be overcome.
's one of those games they talk about everyone, in Veneto and then ...' full of Juventus fans like us. Yet Juventus-Liverpool European Cup Final 1984/85 Heysel Stadium in Brussels, to see it with an Inter fan: it's a colleague, dear friend of my dad, who had invited us to dinner. A great chance to be together and to celebrate, at a friend's house and not an "adversary" ...
All the beauty of football and passion for a team, for me, is all in that expectation. All the bad, the most dramatic you can imagine, it's all in what happened next.
remember a meal eaten in a few minutes to run and play with some friends of my son, before kick-off. I remember a game that never begins, and "large" are at the table, eyes fixed on the television, the voice of Bruno Pizzul far for me to reveal to millions of viewers what is happening. I am from there to play. Only later did I explain, I begin to understand how far can the folly, the stupidity, but also the irresponsibility of men. Let's go home between the first and second time. The match had started, had just now. But what
game. We won the Cup, yes. But 39 people died at Heysel, including 32 Italians, Juventus fans eager to celebrate, like me and my family. Like us, we could be there.
now is the captain of Juventus. It's been twenty-five, seventeen are on the other hand, no more fan but the protagonist. Today we remember the victims of that tragedy. I will do not only Juventus player, but as a fan as a child of eleven who dreamed of playing it, the final one. Not
must never forget. And especially we who are lucky enough to wear this shirt - for a minute as a career - we must spare a thought for that game never started and who for that game, for that passion for Juventus, who lost their lives.
Alessandro
(from www.alessandrodelpiero.com )
0 comments:
Post a Comment